Planning, Monitoring , Evaluation and Learning (PME&L) Officer
Plan is an international child-oriented development organization which aims to achieve equal opportunities and rights for girls and improve the living conditions of girls and boys in developing countries. Plan works towards a world in which girls get the same opportunities and rights as boys, so that all children can fully develop.
Plan Nederland has projects in 17 focus countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to improve the living conditions and future chances of girls and boys and to raise children's rights worldwide, emphasizing the rights of girls.
Plan Nederland is recruiting a Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer (parttime, 32hrs)
The Girls Advocacy Alliance (GAA)
The Girls Advocacy Alliance is a collaboration of Plan Nederland, Defence for Children Nederland-ECPAT and Terre des Hommes to contribute to equal rights and opportunities for girls and young women, poverty reduction and inclusive economic growth; emphasizing the elimination of violence against girls and women and their economic exclusion as policy priorities.
The Girls Advocacy Alliance implements a five-year programme (2016 – 2020) in strategic partnership with and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs– the Girls Advocacy Alliance programme – focusing on four strategic goals:
- Increased public support for the elimination of gender based violence and economic exclusion of girls and young women;
- Increased influence of civil society organisations and networks (in particular girls and young women’s organisations) on government and corporate/private sector actors to eliminate gender based violence and economic exclusion of girls and young women;
- Improved policies and practices of corporate/private sector actors in support of elimination of gender based violence and economic exclusion;
- Effective implementation of legislation and public policies and improved practices of government actors in support of the prevention of gender based violence and economic exclusion.
The Girls’ Advocacy Alliance Desk
The Alliance Desk is the backbone structure providing support to the implementation process of the GAA programme. The Alliance Desk consists of the following staff functions: Alliance Coordinator, Financial-administrative Officer and the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PME&L) Officer.
Main tasks of the PME&L officer:
- Guiding the planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning processes;
- Organizing the Mid Term and End Term evaluations processes according to MoFa requirements and including the compilation of the evaluation reports;
- Monitoring the quality of the PME&L processes within the alliance, including IATI data;
- Coordinating the implementation of the learning agenda;
- Compiling quarterly and annual progress reports and annual plans, in collaboration with the GAA coordinator, including the analysis of PME&L data.
Besides the above tasks related to the GAA desk, the PME&L officer will have the following task:
- Providing PME support to Plan program officers on GAA and other specific programs (developing gender transformative results frameworks, advising on monitoring tools, evaluation and mid-term reviews and learning)
The PME&L officer will work as the overall PMEL officer for the Girls Advocacy Alliance, and also on general PMEL work. The officer will work closely with alliance leader, alliance members, program officers and Senior PME staff.
The PME&L officer reports to and is accountable to the Chief Programme Officer of Plan Nederland and works closely with the alliance coordinator and the senior PME specialist.
- University degree with specific knowledge on PME;
- 5 – 10 years working experience in international development, of which 2 years in the field, specific on PME and PCM processes;
- Experience with PME&L in alliances, and leading MidTerm Review processes is an advantage.
Keys skills and competencies
- Excellent PME&L and reporting skills, especially on lobby and advocacy, Theory of Change, outcome harvesting and other qualitative methods;
- Effective at leading and facilitating meetings;
- Strong written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, able to clearly inform and brief (external) partners;
- Knowledge of IATI is an advantage.
Candidate is a team player with a helicopter view; results oriented and comfortable working independently. Enjoys coaching colleagues and has excellent intercultural communication skills. Has the ability to write reports in an accessible way for different audiences. Has a network in the area of development cooperation in general and PME specifically.
- Wij bieden
Plan provides a function in an international environment.
Plan Nederland offers employees a solid benefits package with a salary of maximum 3.400 Euros gross per month, for 35 hours per week (full-time), depending on background and experience. Plan has a good pension scheme, 25 holidays, group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
- Uiterste datum om te solliciteren
- 18-03-2018 23:59
- Meer informatie
- For questions about this position please contact Joke Langbroek, Chief Program Officer, (0031-6-46100049).
Deadline to respond is 18th of March 2018.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Child safety is essential for Plan Netherlands. Plan Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue is discussed in our recruitment procedures.